Covid-19 updates - Keeping our people safe
Throughout this Covid-19 pandemic, our primary priority has been the continued safety of all our people: residents, workforce and our relatives. We have worked tirelessly to follow guidance and implement a number of additional safety measures to ensure the health and wellbeing of each individual.
It’s also been vitally important to us that all our people remained well informed and updated on what was happening within our homes. We aimed to alleviate fear and create a sense of control and calm within our communities. To achieve this we implemented the following:
- Twice weekly communications to relatives and staff with open and honest information
- Created secure relatives groups to ensure residents remained connected to their loves ones
- Each home received tablets to carry out regular FaceTimes with loved ones
Physical and emotional wellbeing
During this time, we also understood the heightened importance of the physical and emotional wellbeing of our residents and our workforce. We continue to work closely with our care and activities teams to deliver 1:1 personalised care for residents as well as more social activities outdoors and maintaining social distancing. Activities are by no means the same as they used to be, however, we are exercising our creative skills to develop new and innovate ways for staying active and fulfilled.
Additionally, we have introduced our Employee Assistance Programme which aims to support our workforce through difficult times.
We believe that before the pandemic we were a strong organisation filled with knowledgeable, caring and compassionate people. However, we were nothing compared to who we are now. Our people are incredible and inspirational in equal measures, our team spirit and solid values are truer now more than ever before and we stand strong as a solid family unit, knowing that together, we can face any challenge ahead.
Our future at Renaissance care is exciting, we have lots to look forward to as we continue to invest in our people and our environments. Our vision hasn’t changed, it’s simply made our desire to deliver exceptional care even greater.
Visiting our homes
Welcoming loved ones back into our homes has been both special and emotional, it’s been a privilege to reunited and reconnect our people, particulary after the difficulties that we have all faced over recent months.
Despite this, we recognise this also brings risk and at times, anxiety for many. Therefore, we want to help guide and support you in getting the most out of the precious time you have with loved ones during your visit.
When visiting, please be aware of the following:
- Visits from one key designated visitor per resident must be booked in advance via the online booking system or via the home themselves. Renaissance homes are introducing the three visitor from two household guidance in the coming weeks.
- All visits at presents are garden visits, we ask that you kindly respect the 2 meter social distancing advice and wear face coverings throughout your visit
- We aim to introduce the first of the indoor visits on Monday 24th August. This will initially be with one designated visitor.
- Infection control processes will be in place with intense cleaning taking place before and after each visit. Hand gel will be available and PPE will be worn during each visit. We recommend watching this video to see how to safety put on (don) and take off (doff) PPE: Donning and Doffing PPE
Throughout this period, we remain very cautious and diligent in our approach to dealing with the virus. Closures to homes may occur if any resident or staff member presents symptoms of Covid-19 and will work very closely with Public Health at every point. This is to best protect all our people.