For the second year running, Croftbank care home is taking part in the annual Uddingston Craftbomb event which ‘exists to make the village smile through the process of crafting and adorning our outside spaces in visual art.’
This year the theme is World Cuisine and celebrates different food groups from around the world. Homes, businesses and individuals come up with creative ways of decorating garden areas and outdoor spaces for the rest of the community to enjoy.
Once the launch of the event has taken place, people are then free to visit and explore all the creations around Uddingston.
This is a fantastic community event that brings people and generations together. Croftbank care home have recently worked with residents and local school children to create their designs and now have several fully decorated trees:
- A Crisps and Sacks of potato Tree created by Activities and Residents & Nursery Kids
- Tunnocks Teacake Tree created by the Management and Admin team
- A Pasta Tree created by the Old Mill Unit
- Take away tree created by Croftbank Unit
- A Fruit Tree created by Teresa Maxwell Unit
- Moet Chandon and Champagne tree created by Kitchen staff
- A Fish & Chip Tree created by our Domestic team
The colourful display is situated out the front of the home for everyone to enjoy. Residents are delighted with the results.