Welcome to Whitecraigs Care Home in Glasgow - Renaissance Care
Whitecraigs Care home in Glasgow’s Thornliebank area is a relaxed, welcoming, fun and creative care home that promotes physical and mental wellbeing through delivering person-centred care.
Known for their creative ways of engaging with all people to discover what’s important to them and identifying individual aspirations, goals and ambitions from their time within the home, this includes residents and staff. Their residential and nursing care is always delivered with patience, kindness, understanding and good communication
The home is shortlisted in the 2020/21 Scottish Care home awards for their approach to delivering meaningful activity.
Whitecraigs focus highly on delivering the very best nursing care and support to residents but also place emphasis on creating nurturing environments for people to thrive and enjoy their time at Whitecraigs.
Whitecraigs is in the heart of the community and is tastefully decorated to create a warm and welcoming environment for residents and their loved ones to enjoy.
The home also benefits from:
- 58 single en suite bedrooms – initially with natural decoration to encourage individual personalisation
- Various TV lounges and quiet rooms overlooking private gardens
- Private and enclosed gardens
- In house hairdresser
- Full time activities team
- Close to local amenities and easy access to M77 motorway
- Strong connections with local schools and nurseries for intergenerational workings
Nursing Care & Support
Our nursing and care teams are highly trained and professional, dealing with a variety of nursing care needs for all our residents.
Each of our teams undertake regular training and peer-to-peer mentoring to ensure their continual learning and development. Provision of care is focused around individual care plans and incorporates respect and dignity at every point.
- Alzheimer and dementia
- Complex medical needs
- Respite care
- Palliative care
Catering & Services
Good food is at the heart of the care we provide. Our cook will meet with you on your arrival to discuss your personal likes and dislikes. Meals and home baking are prepared in our kitchen by our own cooks. Menus are rotated and refreshed regularly. All menus (which include a vegetarian option) are designed to ensure that our residents receive a nutritious, well-balanced diet which meets their individual needs.
Services provided at Whitecraigs also include (but not limited to):
- In-house laundry service for all personal clothing
- Fully planned activities and wellbeing programme designed to offer you a range of physical and social activities and events. This ranges from traditional board games, group celebrations, day trips, shopping adventures and partnership works with local schools and nurseries
- Visits from podiatry specialist
- Newspaper delivery
- Holistic therapies